Hi Friends! I’d love to share what I packed in my travel makeup bag last month when I traveled to LA. I found this new travel makeup bag and it worked perfectly, fitting everything I needed and keeping it organized and accessible. I loved that I wasn’t digging around in a big bag trying to find makeup, and I just laid it on the bathroom vanity and worked right from it. The dividers are adjustable so you can customize it to perfectly fit the products you are packing.
I’ll list all the products I packed along for my trip down below, but wanted to feature a few that are staples for travel makeup for me.
Travel Makeup Must-Haves
- A good long-wear, natural matte finish foundation like the Dior Forever Matte Foundation. I only pack long-wear foundations so I don’t have to worry about my makeup melting off when I travel. Whether it be for work or pleasure, my days usually seem long and I don’t want to worry about looking like a hot mess half way through the day. This foundation never fails me!
- A small, neutral eyeshadow palette that has every shade I need for a complete look. I love the Sephora Eye Love Palettes. These palettes are priced well, are of great quality and have everything you need in a small travel-friendly palette. I also like the Bare Minerals Gen Nude Palettes too!
- A good lip balm. I am loving the Laneige lip product line. I have their sleepingmask, and the balm in the squeeze tube and both are so conditioning. My skin gets so dry when I travel and that includes my lips.
- A good long-wear, full coverage concealer. Just like foundation, I need a concealer that is going to hold up all day, not crease or fade.
- When I pack brushes I try to back the essentials and not overpack. Sometimes I am better at this than others. This case does allow you to pack more than you need. I always pack my BK Beauty 106, 108, 104, 205, 202, 204, 201, and 206 brushes.
Below are all the products listed from my most recent trip. What are your favorite makeup products to pack?
My Favorite Travel Makeup