***Speak with a healthcare professional before introducing any supplements into your diet***
Hi Friends! As many of you know I have been trying to implement more healthy habits in my life for 2020. One new way I’ve been caring for myself is taking daily supplements. There are A LOT of different kinds of supplements out there- and you should definitely speak to your doctor or a healthcare professional before introducing any supplements into your diet, but I chose ones that have simple, natural ingredients that are easy to recognize and are known for their healing properties.
I take this supplement once in the morning. This is a multivitamin that gives me some of the B vitamins needed for energy, Biotin and Vitamin C for skin health, and Vitamins D3 and K2 needed for bone support. A huge plus with this supplement is that all the ingredients are fermented, making it easier to digestion and promoting digestive health in general. Some of the natural ingredients that I love in this multivitamin are:
- Ginger- Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits and its digestive benefits
- Turmeric- Another great root that is known for its anti inflammatory properties
- Chamomile- We all love to drink chamomile tea to relax and calm down after a long day. It calms our minds AND our bodies. Chamomile is also an anti inflammatory flower. It is known to lower blood sugar, and reduce stress.
- Elderberry- Elderberry is a berry known for it’s all around health benefits. It gives your immune system a good boost! Some people take elderberry by itself to fight off the flu or other sinus infections.
Zyflamend is a joint supplement I take for joint support and pain relief. I take one pill in the morning, and one pill in the evening. Like my multivitamin I was drawn to this supplement for its natural and easy to recognize ingredients. Some of which are:
- Turmeric- We’ve already learned that this root is great for its anti inflammatory properties. Perfect for joint support.
- Ginger- In addition to being beneficial to our digestive health ginger can also be used for pain relief. Great for those sore joints after a good workout!
- Green Tea- We have all heard of the many benefits of green tea. This supplement boasts its advantages as helping with healthy aging and cardiovascular health.
- Chinese Skullcap- This is a plant that hosts many medicinal benefits in its roots. It has been used for centuries to support health and wellness. Some of its benefits are anti-inflammatory and anticancer compounds.
- Basil- I think basil is an underrated herb. While we love it on pasta, it has so many great health benefits! Some of which are, supports liver health, cardiovascular health, anti aging, cancer prevention, and can be used for stress relief. It’s so fun to find more natural herbs that help with everyday stress!
- Rosemary- Rosemary is way more than a great smelling herb to plant in your garden. It has amazing antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties! Some of you might see it in skincare products- works just as great on the inside as it does on the outside!
I take one fish oil supplement pill in the evening. Fish oil is the fat or oil taken from fish tissue and has many amazing benefits. Fish oil contains important omega 3 fatty acids which you can get from eating fish or taking supplements! A few benefits of consuming omega 3 fatty acids include:
- Heart health- A couple of examples of omega 3 fatty acids improving heart health are raising levels of good cholesterol and lowering blood pressure.
- Reducing inflammation
- Promote healthy skin
- Beneficial for infant and child development if taken during pregnancy and throughout breastfeeding
- Mental health benefits such as preventing mental disorders like bipolar disorder, depression, and overall mental decline that happens with age
- Promotes bone health
Probulin is a probiotic. When thinking of probiotics the first thing that comes to mind might be yogurt, which is a great way to get your probiotics in, or you can take a supplement as I do. I take one Probulin pill in the morning, and one pill in the evening. Probiotics are good bacteria that promote a healthy gut and digestion. They can also help with:
- Weight management
- Mental health
- Heart health
- May help with irritable bowel syndrome and Chron’s disease